Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cold, cold Halloween

I am glad Halloween is only once a year! It has been hectic here the past few days. On Thursday night, the Elder's Quorom at church and the boys' Scout Troop got together and went to get the rest of our stuff from the storage unit, so I could have my house back. I was so excited. It is one of the few times when I haven't been opposed or felt guilty for being a service project. They had a couple trucks, a trailer, and a car and they got everything in ONE load! I have never had an experience like it. I just stood or sat in the front room with Cole all wrapped up in a blanket and directed traffic. . .this goes in my room, that goes in the basement. Before long, everything was off the trucks and in the house. I boiled some water for them to make hot cocoa or cider when they were ready but it took a few minutes of downtime after moving furniture and boxes for them to actually feel how cold they actually were. Luckily it wasn't in the negatives that night but it wasn't past 10 degrees either so it was pretty chilly. I thank those guys from the bottom of my heart. Not only do I have my house back, but I found Reilly's Halloween costume in the eleventh hour in one of the many boxes they brought.

"My friends Tigger and Pooh. We're always there for each other. Hooray it's a wonderful day. There's so much in this world to discover. . ."


Ah, brotherly love. . .
Steel and Reilly were Tigger and Pooh this year. They were sooo cute! I found the costumes online last year and they are awesome because they are full bodied, and cover their heads. I just dressed them a little warm underneath with a jacket insted of a huge coat, some gloves and we were set. This year, Matt and Connor were too old for trick-or-treating so they stayed home this time with Cole and I took Tigger and Pooh. It was really fun. They were so excited and by the third door they had "Trick or treat" and "Thank you" down pat. Everyone thought their costumes were really cute. We went around our housing area and then went to the little party at the church across the street to warm up, and then to the housing area next to ours. They both got a little bag of candy, which is plenty for them and enough that I won't pig out on it, lol. It was about -5 so we really didn't want to stay out much longer than that. As it was, our faces were pretty stiff when we got in. Both of them wanted to go trick-or-treating again tonight. It was kind of hard to explain to them that it was just a once a year thing. Cole was a Bumblebee but we only dressed him up for the ward party on Wednesday night. He pretty much slept through Halloween night.
Tired Baby Bumblebee. Isn't he adorable?
Today I spent getting rid of boxes. Somehow they got damp in our storage unit this summer because now that they are all thawed out--they stink! Like moldy mildewy, yuck! Can't even explain it. So I went today and bought a ton of the Roughtotes and started moving everything from the boxes into those. When I am done there will be nary a cardboard box to be found in my house. I was going to do the clear plastic boxes but I got a screaming deal on the totes so I went with those. Got twice as many as I thought I was going to be able to. Besides church, that is what I'll be doing tomorrow. I can't wait to have all those boxes gone.

1 comment:

Jana said...

oh my gosh those costumes are so cute!! I Love the little bumblebee. The pic of Ri & Steel hugging is So cute!