I was going through a bunch of pictures, trying to get them organized and realized I have some really weird children. I just had to post a few of these and give you the stories. . .
This is Cole. For the first five months of his life, he did not really sleep unless he was swaddled as tight as a burrito (or had cried himself out on our shoulder). We got real good, real quick. This actually saved our lives. He had to be swaddled, rocked, and sshhh'ed all at the same time. It was about the only way we got him to sleep those first months when we were going crazy trying to figure out what was "wrong" with him. Just colic and reflux, that's all. . .right. Even now, when he gets really wound up, wrapping him up tight can help to calm him down.
This is Reilly and his "Baby". It is a stuffed beaver. Grandma had sent one up to Matt and Connor a few years ago and basically got lost in the toys. When Reilly was a baby, either he found it or the boys gave it to him to play with, and it has been his constant companion since then. Actually, we are on version 5.0 now. Several of them have had to get "lost" while he was sleeping and replaced with a new one. While I was working, we had one for daycare, one for home, and a spare--just in case. Now that we are home all the time, he has gotten all three of them and has to have them ALL when he goes to bed. During the day he just wants his "Blue Baby". That is the one that we wrote his name on with a blue sharpie for daycare. Isn't it funny what baby's come up with? It would be a lot more annoying if it wasn't so darn cute. And mom? THANKS for finding a rare, limited edition stuffed animal to send to the boys that costs a lot more than I want to spend to replace. ;0) Yep, Connor, I caught it for posterity. We spent the summer with my two little sisters who dye their hair so often they honestly couldn't tell you what their natural hair color is. Matt and Connor asked if they could do their hair and I think they were shocked when I said yes. But hey, it's hair and they are boys--if it turned out truly awful we could just buzz it. . .Well, Connor has a ton of curly hair and it took my poor sister quite a while to pull it through the cap so they could highlight it. I think it actually turned out rather well. If excperimenting with different colors of hair is all I have to worry about with Connor, I am truly blessed.
Do you remember that story about Little Bear going to the moon and his space suit is a box on his head? Check this out and tell me if it reminds you of anything. . .








3 comments:
That is an awesome post. Those pics are awesome. We are all a little weird right:)
Cute kids!!! We love Little Bear - one of our favorites.
Super cute pics! We have actually swaddled all four of our kids! Mom and Dad used to say call them a papoose! :) I'm glad I found your blog, please feel free to visit mine at www.mamamiax4.blogspot.com!
Would love to be better at keeping in touch!
Post a Comment