Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One month down. . .

It has been a little over a month since Pete left. It is funny how time works. Some ways it seems to have dragged on and on and in others it seems to go so fast. Mostly with the children the time seems to go at lightning speed. Yesterday Cole climbed all the way up the stairs. He had gone up a few stairs in the morning and I came up behind him to catch him if he fell. He turned around to look at me and lost his balance or he would have been all the way up. Then last night when I was getting Matt from class, Connor said that he went all the way up! A couple nights ago, Pete was online and he actually got to see him climbing on the web-cam.

I love technology. It makes it so much easier to keep in touch. Pete has the internet phone on his computer now and he can call me for a penny a minute--from Iraq! It sure beats the calling cards that are mostly .25 to 1.00 a minute. And he can see us on our webcam. He doesn't have a cam on his computer yet. It is still packed in all of our boxes. Want to get that to him soon so we can see him. But last night was the first time that I could hear him on the computer call so it was really nice to hear his voice after a couple weeks without. We do get to IM quite a bit so it makes it easier to keep him up to date on what's going on here.

This is our explorer--the gate guards the TV and games until we get our entertainment center back.

Matt, Connor, and their Scout troop are going to unload our storage unit for us tonight for their service project. Matt and I went Saturday to get our kitchen table and realized just how heavy the thing is. We couldn't lift if by ourselves. So I asked Bro. Garcia if the scouts could help us out. He was actually excited because he had been trying to come up with a service project for them to work on. Glad I could help them, lol. It will be crazy having boxes all over again, but I really hate having to run over to storage every time I need something that is still packed. We found Steel's and Cole's halloween costumes but we haven't found Reilly's yet. Hope it shows up tonight.

It is snowing again and I love it. I love snowy days. It is cold enough now (we've had a few days in the negatives) that this snow will stay on the ground and stay white for the rest of the winter. It is one of the things that I love most about Fairbanks. Once we get this cold, we don't have that icky snow, melt, slush, mud, snow routine that you have in the lower 48. It just stays white and pretty. Okay, and really, really icy.

Gotta get lunch for the babies and run errands...or maybe I'll wait 'till Matt gets home so he can stay with Cole and just take Steel and Reilly. ;0)

This was Friday night--pizza night. Guess he didn't actually sleep during nap time.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I looked at the picture on the top of your blog and had to count all the little guys. 5! 5 Boys! Oh my goodness. I'm glad that you commented, and I can keep in contact with you

Jana said...

The video is so Cute!