Last night I was all excited to be able to sleep in and catch up on much needed rest. I think I shouldn't have voiced it out loud because Murphy was listening. Reilly woke up three times and I finally brought him into bed with me about 9:30pm. He was pretty quiet and good just laying there with me watching the tube but he didn't want to go to sleep. At about midnight, I finally turned the lights off and said it was time for us to both go to bed. He was still crying about a 1/2 hour later when Pete called. It was great to talk to him. He talked to Reilly, told him "no more crying, it's time to go to bed." So of course Reilly quieted right down, picked up his "Baby" and his blanket and walked into his room! I don't know what it is that they listen to him and not me. I don't think it's really fair but at that point I was happy with whatever help I could get.
Finally got to sleep and then about 3:30 am I woke up and had to run to the bathroom to be sick. Then I couldn't lay flat on my bed or it made me naseous again. Went downstairs to sleep in the couch-which is awesome and reclines. Got back to sleep and then Cole woke up at 5:00 am rearing to go. Fed him while trying to stay awake, got him changed and was just getting him calmed down when Reilly got up at 6:15! You would think he would have slept a bit longer. Steel came downstairs not too far behind him. So I woke up Matt and Connor, told them to get them some breakfast, put Cole to bed, and then finally layed down myself. I got to sleep until about 9:30. Not really the restful night I was so looking forward to. LOL
But the upside is my wonderful firstborn. He came to wake me up and told me they had fed the kids, moved the grill to the back, cleaned up the basement to get it ready for storage boxes, taken down the air conditioner and put it away, and asked what else I needed him to do. I was so happy. We cleaned out the garage some, took some more stuff downstairs for storage, got the van into the garage, and moved Pete's car so we can plug it in at night, and boom. We're almost ready for winter. Just have to get a couple coats and gloves now--as I learned today that Matt has a habit of burning holes in his gloves when he goes on his Scout camp-outs. Each pair they have has got at least one hole in it. So that's on the shopping list come Monday.
Hopefully tonight will be better and we can all get some sleep.









No comments:
Post a Comment