Cole is now five months old. I can't believe it. In some ways it has gone so fast! So he had his check up and he is 16 pounds 11 ounces and get this--26 inches long!! He's grown almost six inches in five months! You can almost hear him growing. He's beat even Reilly--it took him a whole six months to grow that much. ;0) But he has had some problems. He has what's called Reactive Airway Disease. (Basically, asthma in babies.) He has an inhaler that we use on him when he gets really bad, and he is on a course of steroids right now to help with the inflammation in his lungs. So far he has adapted and his oxygen saturation is 100%, he just wheezes all the time. It will make it hard to tell when he's getting a cold. The really hard thing is that we can't let him cry for very long or it makes his breathing worse. And at five months, he is already figuring out that mom & dad will pick him up shortly if he throws a fit at bedtime. This is gonna take some inventive thinking to get the baby to go to sleep on his own.

We celebrated Steel's 4th Birthday with Daddy home on Monday. I cut out a spider-web cake and Pete ended up decorating it. We forgot to get a Spiderman figure to go on it so we just adapted. He loved it anyway. We got him a couple Transformers--Bumblebee, of course. His favorite. He got a couple Wall-E t-shirts, and a new soccer set to play with outside. They've been so bored in the back yard 'cause all the toys are still in storage. And the one toybox that got left in the yard is full of spiderwebs--real ones--and they won't go near it. The birthday party was a big hit.
Matt and Connor are settling into school. It seems they both like all their teachers and I am trying to make sure we get into the habit of homework first. Matt will be starting fencing next Tuesday. Connor is going to be wrestling this winter. I'm kind of excited to see them doing some kind of sports. We are usually way too sedentary in this family. I know it drives Pete crazy.
Cole is starting to get up on his hands and knees already. Of course, because he is my last one and I want to enjoy each little thing he is speeding through milestones like crazy. I went into work today to say hello to everyone. They all want me to come back to work really bad, which is nice, but I'm staying home with my babies this year. I told them I'd volunteer a few hours a week and help them with what I can at home. It sure makes me feel good, though, to know that they really want me to come back. I didn't think it would be as tempting as it is. ;0)
So we are off for date night. I just wanted to finish this out and get it posted.




No comments:
Post a Comment