Yep, you read it right. We got our first snow this morning. Right on schedule. For those of you who are freaking out that we already have snow, it's just a little-lol. My friend Jodi lived up here for six years. Her hubby's birthday is on the 29th and it snowed every year they were here by the 29th. This is her second winter to be gone, but I've been keeping track for her. Last year no, this year yes. So 7 out of 8 years, there has been snow in Fairbanks, AK by the 29th of September. Pretty predictable if you ask me.
The boys were real excited to see the snow on the ground. Steel won't quit asking for his gloves, so I am going to have to dig them out before he drives me nuts. I need to find the little snowsuit for Cole too. I did get him some gloves a few days ago so he has those already. Steel has grown out of his coat, Matt has grown out of his boots and needs a new coat, Connor's arms stick out of his coat by about two inches and luckily Reilly is just fine. Gotta love winter. No matter how much you think you are prepared, someone always grows out of something.
Matt and Connor are driving again this morning for Driver's Ed. Kind of nervous because the roads are really slick. But at least it's the teacher who gets to be biting his nails instead of me. It must take a really special person to be able to teach Driver's Ed and go driving with all those kids. Pete got his Stryker today--yeah! It always makes me feel better when he has the equipment he needs to keep him safe. I love those Strykers. Every soldier over there should have a stryker.
Reilly hanging up his coat




No comments:
Post a Comment