Saturday, September 20, 2008

We're starting Round 2

So Pete left tonight. I am just waiting for the phone call before the plane leaves the ground. I am having a very hard time this time. Maybe because this is round two and I know for sure now that we are going to lose some guys in our group before they get home. In some ways it kind of feels like playing Russian Roulette. You just never know. I am trying to keep it together for the boys. It was so hard not to cry my eyes out when Pete hugged all the boys and Reilly said "Miss you Daddy." And Cole. Sweet, crazy, difficult, baby Cole. He is such a Daddy's boy. I so looked forward to the break in the evening when Pete got home and Cole would go right to him. He just wraps himself around Daddy and cuddles. Pete is the only one, besides Connor, that he will cuddle with. Look at the way he grabs Pete's ear. He is so cute!
All in all, things went well. I had a new blow-up, bouncy ball pit thing for Steel and Reilly to play with when they got home so they weren't too focused on it tonight. Tomorrow night, and next week, and next month when Dad still isn't home "from the field" is when it will start sinking in and they will get really ornery. Not looking forward to that so much.

But as with most things, life goes on even though we miss him being here. Matt and Connor have driving lessons tomorrow morning at 8:30. So much for sleeping in. Maybe we'll just go to garage sales while we're waiting for them to get done, since we'll all be out already. Yeah, that's a plan. Guess I'd bett hit the hay if I am going to be getting five boys ready to head out by 8:15.
I miss my husband.
Pete, Steel, and Reilly Matt, Pete, Cole, Connor
Peter and Cole (5 1/2 months) The whole Fatuesi Family

No comments: