I just wanted to put a couple pics up of something I made last week. Our FRG (Family Readiness Group for you non-military) is sending a bunch of stuff to the guys for Valentines. I got the leftover material from the Christmas stockings and started looking online for something I could make for the guys. I found a pattern for some little table coasters and thought it was really cute and I could enlarge it easy enough.
So I went to Walmart and got some cheap pink fabric-I already had red and white. The pink is the only thing I am bummed about. On the bolt it looked really pink but when I got it home in a single layer you can barely tell that it is pink. Honestly, if I was sending it to someone other than soldiers, I would have started over. But they really don't care what it looks like. . .they are just happy someone takes the time to rembember them. So here are the hearts that are going to my soldiers. There are four companies in our unit so I made four of them altogether.

With all four, the red ends up being in each corner. You can't really tell on the hearts, but the top is open so we can stuff them with Valentine's, candy, whatever.

I think I might actually make some smaller ones of these for the boys and just use them each year for Valentine's Day. . .kind of like Christmas stockings.




1 comment:
oooh, Kristi! Super cute!! Love them!
Post a Comment