Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice, Ice, Baby...

....yes, if that song immediately pops into your head, you may be as old as me! I've just had an idea for the last few days to put up some pictures for those of you who've never had the privelege of visiting Fairbanks in the winter. The yearly Ice Festival is coming up here pretty soon and it has to be one of the best things about winter here. I thought I would post some photos from the last few years and let you see what you all are missing. I can't wait for this year's. . .I'm not 9 months pregnant and I didn't just have a baby so I actually can take all the boys this year!!

Enjoy-these are truly amazing. All the ice is cut locally.


Oh, they do have igloos in Alaska!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, that is amazing!! i wish we could make a trip up there sometime. tyler has always wanted to take an alaskan cruise, maybe we can do that someday! :) great pictures, that is awesome!