...no I am not talking about the helicopter. I am talking about the winds that have finally blown the freezing, freezing cold weather out of Fairbanks and surrounding areas. After over two weeks of -40 or colder weather, we woke up today to -25. And for the rest of the day it just got warmer and warmer. At one point I saw a temperature sign in town that was actually 2 degrees. That is 2 degrees ABOVE zero! It was a regular heat wave. The air is cleared out with just a few clouds. I actually got up and worked out this morning! It's amazing what a 30 to 40 degree raise in temperature will do for the psyche. Here are a couple of pictures I got from a friend. She drove around on Jan. 4 and took pictures of the temp. Yep. It's been that cold, that long.



Some people debate the -62 on the Fred Meyer sign, but I don't doubt it. I know at our house it got down to -57 and it is easy for the temp to range 5 to 10 degrees higher or lower around the valley and mountains.



Some people debate the -62 on the Fred Meyer sign, but I don't doubt it. I know at our house it got down to -57 and it is easy for the temp to range 5 to 10 degrees higher or lower around the valley and mountains.




3 comments:
Yay! Love the warm weather!
Holy Crap!! But I would take that over 115+ weather anyday.
I hope that you are enjoying your "warm" front. And, I disagree on the above comment, maybe because I haven't experienced weather that flipping hot. I'm scared of the severe cold far more than severe heat, though.
Post a Comment