It has been too long since I wrote anything. I am sitting at my desk, watching it snow outside and just thought I'd give an update. Cole and Reilly are sick right now-again, ugh. But at least it is just coughs and runny noses this time. No vomiting. Matt is off to the University right now to pay for his Fencing class. He just texted (how do you say that?) me a couple minutes ago and said he'd forgotten his registration paper. Yes, Pete, it is a blonde moment like his mother. LOL.
Cole is growing too quickly. A couple days ago, he let go of a basket he was standing beside, took a step,
and sat down. Then he almost got all the way back up before he grabbed the basket again! We all flipped out and were laughing "Did you see that??" so it scared him and he wouldn't do it again. Last Tuesday when we were coming home from getting Steel at preschool, I opened Cole's door and he looked right at me and said "Mum mum"!! I was so excited. He is the only one of my boys who has actually said "mum" before "Dada." All my other boys have done the daddy thing first--how's that for gratitude? So I was very happy with my baby. And almost as great, the night before that when we were watching a movie for Family Home Evening, he gave me a kiss. He crawled right up me, stared at my face, opened his mouth really wide and laid one on me--very slobbery but oh so sweet! ;0)
Steel's new favorite movie is Journey to the Center of the Earth. I thought the dinosa
ur might scare him but he loved it. He wants me to take some of our other movies back to the store and get that one. I want to give you an idea of how smart this child is and the things he notices. Our family loves olives. I always have about 6 cans in the pantry. I like the medium sized olives, they don't seem as squishy as the large olives. The brand I usually get has a yellow label that says "Medium" under the picture of the olives. A while ago, they were out of medium so I had to get large. Didn't think anything of it until pizza night a few weeks ago when I pulled them out to make pizza. Steel said "Mom--you got new olives!" I asked him what he was talking about, they were the same olives as always. He said, "NO, Mom. You got BLUE olives. They are new olives." It took me a minute to realize that he had noticed the "Large" label was blue-not yellow like the mediums--thus, New Olives!! The kid is scary smart sometimes in the details he notices. You have to watch everything you say around him because he remembers it.
Reilly seems to possibly be moving out of his Baby beaver stage. He actually offered one of them to Cole to play with yesterday! And he will go to bed now with just one or two--doesn't have to have all three. There is one beaver who is on his last legs, he is falling apart. I've been trying to get Reilly used to the fact that he is going to have to "go away", because he is falling apart. He seems to be okay with the idea but I'll give him a bit longer to get used to it.
Connor is now as tall as Matt. This doesn't surprise me. Connor, except when they were born, has always be
en 2 inches bigger than Matt was at the exact same age. I have a little growth chart from when they were babies that I kept track of it on. Matt is edging up on 6 foot real quick so Connor is probably going to be about 6' 2". He just might end up taller than all his uncles. That would be funny. His hair has gotten a lot curlier as he's gotten older too. He hates it. I love it. Pete said the same thing happened with his hair when he was young too. Connor didn't like that 'cause now, if Pete could ever grow his hair out, it is kinky curly--very tight curls.
Matt is in his second semester of Fencing and still loving it. He is excited because this class is a lot smaller--about half the size as his first class so there is much more room for them to move when they are practicing. I am going to his tournament this semester. If anything else pops up on the same day, it's gonna have to wait or go away. He doesn't understand why I get so upset when I can't see him "compete". He is very forgiving that way and cuts me a lot of slack.
I love my boys so much.




No comments:
Post a Comment