I am reporting in on my resolutions so I can see if I have done anything positive so far this year. I plan to do this every month this year...hope you don't get bored. ;0)
So here are my "OFFICIAL" 2009 New Year's Resolutions.
1. Lose weight. I have lost 6 pounds in January. Half of that was only in the last week. I conferred with my husband and bought a crazy expensive device (for our budget) called the Bodybugg. If you've ever watched "Biggest Loser" it is the monitor that they are always wearing on their arms. IT IS AWESOME. I lost 3.2 pounds the first week I used it. I am one who has to have it down in black and white...exactly how many calories I am eating and how many calories I am burning. With the bugg I just have to put in food--it does all the calculations for me. It tells me if I met my calorie deficit goal for the day, how many steps I walked, how many minutes during the day my heart rate was at/above my exercise goal...like I said, awesome. It is definitely worth the expense for me. So 6 pounds in a month is pretty great. I am very happy with it.
I love this coat but I was getting so big I couldn't wear it well. I'm happy to report I no longer have to suck in my gut to get it zipped or worry the zipper is going to pop! :0)
2. Learn something new. I was planning on taking a cake decorating class. The one I wanted got canceled and the other one I found is on Wednesdays right at the time Matt and Connor have scouts. So I haven't done that. BUT. I have always wanted to learn how to shoot-yes a gun-and I just found out one of my good friends and her husband can teach me how! I am going to call her tomorrow so we can set up a date and get things rolling. I don't know if I will be as good a shot as my husband or brothers but it is going to be fun to find out.
2. Learn something new. I was planning on taking a cake decorating class. The one I wanted got canceled and the other one I found is on Wednesdays right at the time Matt and Connor have scouts. So I haven't done that. BUT. I have always wanted to learn how to shoot-yes a gun-and I just found out one of my good friends and her husband can teach me how! I am going to call her tomorrow so we can set up a date and get things rolling. I don't know if I will be as good a shot as my husband or brothers but it is going to be fun to find out.
3. Have Family Home Evening at least twice a month this year. We had FHE three times in January--more than I was hoping for! We had two lesson nights and one movie night. We did miss it this week but I'm not letting it get me down 'cause January was great. And I have three more weeks in February!
4. Pray more and study my scriptures more. I bombed on this one. I've only gotten a couple chapters into the New Testament and routinely forget to say my personal prayers before I go to bed. I don't think just saying a quick prayer in my mind counts. . .I think my Heavenly Father would really like some long serious conversations with me. This will be what I work on in Feb. as I've been doing fairly well in my other goals.
5. Be a better mom. Still working on this one as well. This month's trial has been bedtime. I have been trying to keep to the routine and all that. Now Steel can climb over the gate and he's been sneaking around upstairs. So. I now double-gate the door so he can't climb out. He hates it-lol. I have also been working on ignoring all the various and sundry reasons they call "MOM" between lights out and actually asleep. The only one I will answer now is if Reilly has to go potty--as we are in the middle of potty training I can't really ignore that one. It only took 35 minutes before they gave up and went to sleep tonight. Progress--earlier this week it was 2 1/2 hours!
So there is my update. I hope you don't think I am silly for putting this out here. It really does help me keep my goals in mind during the month.
Good luck on your resolutions and if you bombed last month (like I did in a couple)
KEEP GOING!!




1 comment:
Kristi,
Hello from Cheryl, in all the craze of having twins I lost your number but I did have your blog spot written down. The twins and I are doing well. It has been an adjustment, I have been so used to just taking care of myself for so long it is different to care for others. The boys are 5 weeks now. They were both in the NICU for a little bit. They are both doing well, we are just trying to get them to gain some weight. It looks like you are doing well. Your family has grown so much. My email is cheryl.kapalka@hotmail.com
Post a Comment