Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolution Review...and Renew

It was recently brought to my attention that I need to "UPDATE YOUR BLOG". So I added a bit about Christmas and this is my year-end update...

Too many years I have set goals and then not followed up in any way and they just die by the wayside. This year, I have kept in the back of my mind that I promised to post how I had done this year and I am actually doing it. Following are my resolutions for 2009, along with how well I did on each of them.

My "OFFICIAL" 2009 New Year's Resolutions.
1. Lose weight. Can I just say "YAH!!" I finally accomplished this to some extent and don't have to feel like a failure at the end of the year. This year, I lost a total of 23 pounds. I still have more to go but I am quite proud of myself for hitting this mark.

Unfortunately, my face is the last place I lose weight so I guess I really don't look all that different. But I am in smaller pants! ;)

2. Learn something new. This one I did in little bits and pieces. I didn't get to take any classes like I wanted, but I did teach myself more about doing cakes and cupcakes this year. I learned how to crochet an edge around a blanket and sew super-hero capes. I started a job at Walmart and have learned how to measure and cut fabric quickly and relearned how to cashier-yuck. It doesn't seem like a whole lot but at least I did learn something, lol.

3. Have Family Home Evening at least twice a month this year. My goal for this one started out strong and fizzled the last half of the year. Having Family Home Evenings is one that I definitely still want to work on in 2010. We are going to have to figure out how to revamp it a bit, as I work most Monday nights now. It is really hard when I don't have the same day off more than 2 weeks in a row. But I really want to work on it and be able to report more success at the end of 2010.

4. Pray more and study my scriptures more. Let's just say this one is in the category that "weight loss" is usually in and leave it at that. Another one to carry over to next year.

5. Be a better mom. I feel like I have fallen short on this one in the past few months. For some reason my patience seems to be nil and my poor boys suffer for it. We did get out more this summer and played more, so that was good. This one is hard to answer for myself. I guess I will have to ask the boys and see what they say. I think I will do that for next year. I'll get my list of things I need to work on right from them--"How Mom can be a better Mom". As long as they know that donuts for breakfast everyday doesn't fit the criteria.

After going through all of these, I've decided that I am keeping the same resolutions for 2010. It is a good feeling to have accomplished some and know that I can definitely improve on the ones I didn't do so well on. Happy New Year to everyone and best of luck to you all in your own personal resolutions!

No comments: