This past week or so has been all about getting into the groove of summer. Matt, Connor, and Steel are all out of school now. The older boys still have Scouts. Connor is going to Scout camp the end of June. Matt is looking for work and has a couple options. He
really wants more money to play with. Connor wants to work too, but the options are more limited for 14-yr olds.
Steel riding the carousel at his pre-school "graduation" picnic.Reilly is playing T-ball once a week and he loves it. He is kind of hilarious to watch. He is finally getting to where he can swing the bat to hit the ball, instead of golfing it. And he runs pretty well around the bases until he gets to 3rd base. Once he's on 3rd, instead of running home, he makes a beeline for 1st base again. I'm not sure why but he does it over and over. It's so funny when we're all welling "run home Reilly! THIS way Reilly!" and he is just oblivious. He is getting better at throwing as well, though catching is still not in the skill set. He is bigger than most of the kids so it is hard to remember that he is one of the youngest in the group. I mean, he only turned 3 two months ago. But we are having a fun time and that is Mommy & Reilly time. None of the other brothers are allowed to come. I love it for that.

Cool dude in his new shades
Steel is going to start outdoor soccer in July and that should be a blast. I think I am going to put them both in swimming lessons as well. Steel is a little fish but Reilly is more reserved in the water. When we were in Samoa, he really didn't like the fact that the water was moving without his help. lol. I'm hoping to get him more comfortable so he can hold his own. I need one more arm and I could take Cole too. He adores the water. . .during bathtime we really have to watch him 'cause he loves to lay down on his tummy and stick his whole head under water.
Cole's new things are temper-tantrums and climbing on the table. They have both shocked us. He is a little Houdini and can get out of almost any blockade to climb up on the table. And his temper tantrums are LOUD. I my goodness the kid goes from silent to shatter-the-window screeching in a flash. There is no wind-up to let you know he is working up to it. He just goes flat out as soon as he doesn't like something, or even if it
looks like you're going to do something he doesn't like. I'm kind of at a loss. We've had tantrums before, it's just the speed and volume of Cole's that are a shock.

Mr. Adventure This is mild, mild compared to some
I've been working out more at the gym-though I confess I haven't made it every day. My friend Crystel showed me a great workout to do and I've been doing it. I decided I want to learn to run so I can make it at least two miles. I found a program that starts from walking and takes you up to two miles in 8 weeks. I started out great. However, I found within a few days that serious walking/jogging in six-year-old Nikes is not great on the legs. Sooo, that is on hold for just a while until I can get some new running shoes that will hold up so I don't kill my shins again. I am not as far down the ability scale as I thought though. The first step up from walking is to walk 5 minutes and then jog/run for 30 seconds. It was actually hard to stick to the 30 seconds 'cause I wanted to keep going. But I also don't want to overdo it. I'm looking forward to starting again next week.
2 comments:
I love your curtains! It is nice to see someone else with big flowered Polynesian print curtains.
Rachel is in the climbing mode too. She loves to climb on the coffee table. I don't know how many times I have "smacked" her little diaper butt and she still keeps doing it. I just have to keep telling myself that this is my last baby and love every minute of it. :)
I noticed your curtains too they are way cute! Keilei does the same thing with sunglasses. But then if she doesn't get it or someone doesn't help her she will throw them as hard as she can. She does it with anything she gets frustrated with. She has a pretty good arm :) The funny thing is when we try to get her trow rocks in the water or something she throws like 2 inches infront of her, if that:)
Post a Comment