Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A bit of catch up...

Yowza! Pete asked for the blog address a little bit ago so he could look at it and I told him I hadn't updated it for a while. I didn't realize just how long it has been since I updated! So here is a little bit of update/catch-up and I will try to do better.

Today is the last day of school here. Matt and Connor are of mixed emotions. They are glad to be done with the school work but not looking forward to being away from friends so much. Both of them ended up their year pretty well. After some bumps and dips, they have both pulled off a nice GPA for the end of the year. Connor ended up with a C in Health but he blames it on his teacher, who he says is pyscho. And when Matt backed him up 100% I figured we'd just let that one go. I'm not so old that I don't remember calling a teacher or two psycho myself. I am very proud of them and what they've done this year. Matt has done Fencing and Track and Connor has worked very hard to bring his tanking grades up to all A's and B's--except for that C. LOL His dad loves getting his progress reports by email to see how well he is doing now.

Steel has one more day of preschool. We got him registered for Kindergarten a couple weeks ago. Yep, my little Steel is starting Kindergarten! I remember taking Matt to Kindergarten his first day. His cousin Nick started the same class and Dani and I hung out in the hall and tried not to cry our eyes out as our little boys "left" us and couldn't have cared less that we were crying...they were having a blast. So come August, that will be Steel. Reilly is "inheriting" Steel's spot in preschool, which is nice. For a couple hours a week next year it will be just Cole and I. I won't know what to do with myself! Reilly and Steel are both excited for the changes coming. Reilly is in T-ball right now and Steel starts soccer in July. Matt is looking for a job and Connor is thinking about it. Cole is walking all over now, although he still has a bit of the look of a drunken sailor when he gets going too fast.

I am just busy being Mom. I'm anxious for school to be over so I can go work out at the gym every morning. I've been trying to do M-W-F afternoons when Connor gets home but there are just so many things that interfere in the afternoon/evening. I'm excited to do mornings. I actually have been losing weight, just not at the rate I would like. But I am smart enough to know that something is better than nothing. I even have a pair of pants that won't stay up now, even with a belt-cool, huh? Peter is doing pretty well. Trying to keep busy so the time goes faster. We are on the downward stretch--only 1/3 left now! I want to have fun this summer but I also want it to go very fast because that will mean Pete's home that much sooner.

I know that doesn't cover very much, but I just wanted to let everyone know we're alive and kicking and things are going well. Like my cousin Mia, I am promising to spend more time here than on Facebook...lol. Love everyone and we miss you!


The first haircut........................... Definitely Pete's son

Crazy Connor.............................. The rugrats

No comments: