Sunday, April 5, 2009

Birthday Boys...Cole is 1!

My sweet baby Cole is one! I can't believe it. I went out a little more for this party than Reilly's. Invited a few more kids, did some real baking. We ended up with 15 kids running around. Mayhem. Matt and Connor cleaned out the basement for me so the kids could play on our "Bouncy toy". It is one of those air ball pits/bouncing area things. The kids love it. We also have our old bed down there and I think that was just as much of a hit as the ball pit.




Playing downstairs waiting for the kids to come. This is his cheesy smile.



I made Cole's cookie and cupcakes for the party. Read online the idea of just making a bunch of cupcakes and decorating them with the number one in different scripts and the presenting them like a number one. Turned out pretty cute.
Cole got some cool toys for his birthday. One of those old-fashioned wood benches with the shapes that you hammer through, a baby doll (yes, honey it is a boy/blue, and he LOVES it), and I got him a Little People set that looks kind of like the classic old school house. He loves playing with all of them so far and so do Steel and Reilly.

He had a fun time unwrapping. He really loved playing with the paper.
Yummmy, do I really get to eat all this? Can you believe those eyelashes?!!

His "one year" cake we did on Friday because Matt and Steel had to leave early from the party and I wanted the whole family to be there for it. Besides which, Cole had already had a cupcake and that was more sugar than he's ever had in his life so I didn't think he needed more. He ended up staying up until about 11:00pm. All in all, it was a very good day. I kind of lost it that night when I finally sat down for a minute and missing Pete finally had a chance to sink in. I know he had a really hard time all day by himself. He said his guys were sick of hearing talk about his baby's birthday. But now we are getting ready for the next milestone...the first haircut!

Going to town on the birthday cake. He just stuck his fingers in and wiggled them all over and finally took a piece out. Then he just stuck his whole face into it.

No comments: