I guess I shouldn't call Reilly a baby anymore now that he is 3 but I still do. Reilly turned 3 on March 16 and Cole turned 1 yesterday! I can't believe my baby is one already. It truly has gone by so quickly. And Reilly is 3. It has been so cute watching him trying to get the fingers down to show people he is three. So here's a little about the parties...
Reilly's birthday was not even a week after we got back from Samoa so I didn't really have time to plan anything. My good friend Mary has 5 kids also so we figured between the two of us, that's plenty of kids for Reilly to feel like it's a birthday. I made our traditional birthday cookie for him and he wanted a white Transformer birthday cake. It is a good thing that 3 year-olds are much more forgiving about how a cake looks than their moms. I actually liked the pattern, I just wish I'd had time for a better job on it. This is actually the second try. My first one I tried to cut the Transformer face out of a sheet cake, which worked great, but the frosting that I made was way too thick and tore the cake up. It was too late to make another cake so I cheated and bought a plain one at the store and just put the Transformer face on top. It wasn't too bad but I found out it is nearly impossible to get off those little sugar crystals when they don't go where you want-lol.
(Anyone got any good tricks for that, by the way?)
He got some cool action toys from Mary and the kids and a golf club set, new Tonka cars, and of course a new Transformer from us. I have found the cheapest things are the best as far as entertainment...I just had Matt blow up a bunch of balloons and we were set. Anthony entertained the kids by rubbing everyone's head and sticking the balloons up on the wall.
This is Steel and Amanda aka. Diego and Dora. But mind you, Amanda is the only one who can call him Diego. They go to preschool together and are pretty inseperable. It is very cute. Amanda thinks Steel is handsome and Steel thinks it would be good to marry Amanda. Hummmm. Shall we give it 20 years and see? At least I know I would love Steel's in-laws. lol
I tried to upload a video but it didn't work. At one point, while Reilly was opening his presents, Steel was so excited he said, "HOLY SHOOT!" We were rolling on the floor. We're working with him to say "Holy Cow" instead...lol.




No comments:
Post a Comment