Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas from the Fatuesi Family

Merry Christmas everyone. We had a really nice day today. The boys had fun opening their presents--it was kind of a free-for-all. Matt and Connor got a PS3, Steel and Reilly got blocks and Lights Sabers (is Santa crazy or what?), and Cole got a walker/push toy that he really loves and Steel and Reilly are always trying to steal. We spent the day watching Matt and Connor set up their PS3 and play games, we watched Wall-E with Reilly, and then we went to my friend, Kelly's house to eat Mexican. It was really fun because except for last year, we had done Tacos with my best friend up here for Christmas dinner, instead of the traditional Christmas meal. I had really missed doing that with Jodi. Hopefully the next couple years we can keep up the "tradition" with Kelly and her family.

I am so grateful for five healthy sons and all the joy that they bring to their father and me. We are truly, truly blessed. Peter is safe and healthy right now and we got to talk to him once on Christmas Eve and then again today at 4:00pm...although that was already "tomorrow morning" to him. It was very good to hear his voice and let the boys wish him Merry Christmas. I only lost it once today. Steel volunteered to say the prayer on the food at Kelly's. He loves to say the prayer. He blessed the food, blessed that we'd be healthy, blessed Heavenly Father, blessed Jesus on his birthday to be healthy, and then, "I miss my Daddy. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Yeah. It took me a few minutes to get it under control. I wasn't really embarrassed about crying in front of the women, they understood, but there were a lot of kids and I didn't want to upset anyone. I just sat next to Steel and Reilly wiping my eyes until Reilly tried to take a bite of rice and dumped it all over the floor. The look on his face made me laugh and then all was well with the world again. We really did have a fun time.

I miss my family but I am learning to make new family with my good friends that I have around me. If I am feeling lonely it is my own fault. There are many wonderful women in my ward and in the Army that are more than willing to be friends. I forget sometimes that they may be as lonely and reserved as me. I am making a concerted effort to put myself out there this year to make new friends and it is already paying off. I have been blessed to get to know the women in my ward a lot better over the past few months. I feel comfortable now asking a few of them if they want to hang out or come over, or go to a show. My Father does not want me lonely. He has put MANY friends in my path if I just seek them out. It really has been the greatest gift this season.
The traditional Christmas Eve PJ's that Mom makes. I messed up on Matt and Connor's so they got to open their new coats. Not too upset about it.
After Santa's visit. My new toy--LOVE IT. Jana you gotta get one of these! Steel's new Spidey PJ's from Grandma.

Matt handing out the presents. Reilly is in the groove. Future Jedi Knights--if they don't kill each other first.

Connor and Cole. Cole's new walker--he loves it!

4 comments:

Jana said...

I am glad you guys had a good time. You got a cricket! That is awwesome yea I wish I had one. We missed you yesterday, really. Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you.I LOVE the present!!!

Angie said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Man, i wish i could go up there and visit you guys. i miss you guys tons. try not to have to much fun without me:)

Anonymous said...

oh, i love the pics! Looks like you guys had such a nice christmas! so cool that you got a cricut! and i have been wanting a cricut for soooo long! maybe for my birthday tyler will get me one.....thanks for sharing!
love ya!