Saturday, August 16, 2008

Let's get it started...


So, I am starting this new blog for my family. My hubby's family got him onto MySpace almost a year ago and I still haven't figured it out. Hopefully, this is much simpler to use. My sister has a blog and I've watched her for the summer--I think I can do this. Although I guarantee I will not be as faithful at it as she is.


I think I will just start like she does--telling what has happened during our day. I'll go back a few days though. We have been down in Utah for the past two months. We were actually planning to live there this next year while my hubby is deployed. I got everything situated on this end, all of our stuff in storage, the house mostly clean so we can turn it over, kids packed up to the eyeballs and a straight-shot flight from Alaska to Utah with five kids (one of them 2 1/2 months old), a little sister, and baggage out the yang!! We were there for the long haul. When my husband called a month later I asked him if he'd kill me if I said I wanted to come home. Lovely man that he is, he just said "OK". And here we are, back in Alaska again.


I know it's not that simple, there is a lot of thought and a lot of prayer that went into both decisions. But we are here now and it feels really good to be back. We had a wonderful visit with our family. Plenty of time to see everyone, well almost everyone, and not feel totally rushed like we had to get it all done in seven days. I am grateful to my family for putting up with us for that long--five boys are very loud no matter how you cut it. And having an infant with reflux and a horrible cough did not make for very many quiet nites. My brother was a saint for not complaining when I brought a screaming baby into the front room to feed when he was crashed on the floor/couch there. Thanks bro!


Today was just an errand day. I had to get a perscription filled for the baby, get power-steering fluid for the car, fill up the gas tank (well--almost), go get groceries, go to the bank, go to the farmer's market where I missed all the good veggies and ended up buying cookies instead. Now I am waiting for Michael Phelps' last race to watch so I can go to bed. I actually went online to watch the live streams that they have and guess what? Here in Alaska, we don't have a cable TV provider that has a contract with NBC so they wouldn't let me watch any of the videos--live or otherwise! How dumb is that? Yep, I'm back in Alaska, lol.


Well, Matt is strumming away on his bass guitar downstairs, Connor is playing Battlefield on his XBox, Steel is wandering around upstairs thinking we can't hear him, and Reilly and Cole are actually asleep. Mom is sitting at the computer thinking of all the things she needs to do and REALLY grateful that tomorrow is Sunday so she can put them off for one more day.


Good night.

No comments: