
Today we had two important things happen. Steel turned 4 today and Cole had his first ever baby cereal. He is 4 1/2 months today. We didn't do a whole lot for Steel today because we are waiting for Daddy to get home to have the big birthday party. But I made him "the biggest cookie ever" with his name just to mark the day. He is getting it down though. He kept asking for his presents in a very nice way..."Thanks for my presents mommy." We just kept explaining that the good presents would come when Daddy gets home. Hopefully that will stick.
Cole has been acting like he's starving all day today, wanting to eat every two hours, with the exception of a really long nap. So tonight I decided to try some cereal and see how it goes. I accidentally mixed quite a bit of it, and he probably would have eaten it all if I'd let him. He loved it. But of course, being Cole, he promptly spit-up a good portion of it. Lucky I didn't feed it all to him. He has been really good today and we had another huge milestone last night--he slept for 10 hours straight!!! Wow. I'm thinking he's liking having his own quiet room for a little while. Mom is liking it too. In fact, she is hitting the hay as soon as this is done to take advantage of that sleep.
School starts in three days. I'm not looking forward to the early morning seminary thing, but hey, what can you do? Got the shopping list for the boys' classes yesterday so we can fill in the gaps of what they need. I can't believe summer is already over. But at least we got a summer. It was way too hot for us down in Utah, but according to my friend here, they didn't even really get a summer this year. It's been chilly and rainy the whole time. The geese are already flying south and the fireweed is gone--Alaska lingo for "the snow is only six weeks away". Murphy's law says that 'cause the guys will be gone this winter it will be a dumper with record snow and record cold. I pity the families who are here for the first winter. We're pretty much old hands at it now...this will be our sixth.
Time to hit the sack. Happy Birthday to my lovely Steel.




No comments:
Post a Comment