Monday, June 25, 2012

Just a Mom

I've been looking for a job the past couple months. So far, I haven't found anything. The problem with working while you have young children, is making enough at the job so you can pay your daycare and still make it worth your while to be away from your kids. I have a lot of qualifications for my resume, but the one that fills up most of my time over the past seven years is "Just a Mom".

I've seen a little blurb on Facebook over the past few days about all that "Just a Mom" does. So I decided to keep track of what I've done over the past few days. Here are all the jobs I've done just recently...

1. Chauffer
2. Line cook
3. Short order cook
4. Baker
5. Pastry Chef
6. Plumber
7. Maid
8. Grounds maintenance
9. Car washer
10. Garbage man
11. Science technician
12. Art director
13. Photographer
14. Choir Member
15. Service volunteer
16. Graphic designer
17. Bookkeeper
18. Construction worker
19. Conflict management director
20. Advertising agent

...and I'm pretty sure I've missed a few in there. My dear friends. If you ever start getting down on yourself, I challenge you to make this list. We are Valuable. We are Wonderful. It is amazing we are sane! And my sweet friends that are already working...add about 50 more things in there that you do at your job every day and then come home to be "Just a Mom."

No comments: